Monday, October 3, 2016

★★★ Review For Tempering the Rose (The Rose of Nerine Book 1) By Dionne Lister ★★★



Tempering the Rose

(The Rose of Nerine Book 1)

By Dionne Lister
Published April 30th 2016
  Pages: 256 Genre: Dark Fantasy








 

A dark epic fantasy series, where one woman's thirst for 
revenge will put the entire world in jeopardy.
The only thing twenty-one year old Adrastine wants is
 
revenge against her depraved father—but when she tries to 
kill him, she is caught and thrown into a holy war for a god 
she doesn’t believe in. But disaster is coming, and all 
Adrastine’s problems will seem minor by comparison. 
Someone, or something, is draining the planet’s lifeblood, 
killing the land and everything on it at an alarming rate.


Jacob is a shelon, a man who can wield magic, and a spy 
dispatched by Queen Valtice to find The Rose of Nerine – the
 only one who can stop the rape of the land and save the 
people. But when Jacob finds Adrastine, he can’t convince 
her that she is The Rose, let alone to leave her home and 
journey with him across the tempestuous sea to Nerine.


Adrastine is drawn to Jacob, despite their differences. But
 that is a dangerous path, as he is an unwelcome distraction
 to her quest for revenge. And if she learns his secrets, it will
 cement her hatred of men forever, weakening powers she
 is only just learning she has, powers needed to save 
their world.



What a wonderful story. I loved this story even though there
 were a few dark things. But saying that it had a great flow 
and I just could not put the book down. I am so ready to read
 the next one now.

This story is about the Rose of Nerine, or rather 
Adrastine(Addy) no one knows who this person is going to 
be. Not even Addy herself. I felt so bad for her and wanted 
to rip her so called father to shreds for the things he had 
done to her. I had to stop at one point where we find out part
 of her reason for wanting him dead. She has to men that 
have been sent in her path to gide her. Kerwyn is one of my
 favorite characters however Jacob is not bad either. Jacob
 has made a promise to protect her, but in the society they 
all live in, women are not tread as equals. So Addy has had 
a few issues with dealing with men. She learned at a early
 age to only count on herself. So no matter how hard he tries
 to show her he is not like them, she still does not trust him.
 Kerwyn is a different he is referred to as the deserter, but he
 had a good reason for leaving the service of Addy’s father. 
When it all comes down to it he is a good and noble man and
 a perfect father figure for Addy. But wait till you find out a 
secret not even he knows. And will Addy fall for Jacob and let
 a good man love her, the way she deserves.  And then there
 is the prophecy to deal with too. And what she will have to
 do to save the world.

Now before I ruin this for you I will leave off here. I hope you 
enjoy this book as much as I did. If you do like this book, 
please consider leaving a review. The Authors really like it 
when you do; they value your opinions too.









 

Forging the Rose (The Rose of Nerine Book 2)

Coming soon




·٠•● Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ●•٠· Dionne Lister ·٠•● Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ●•٠·

\


I'm a fantasy and suspense author with an associate degree
 of creative writing, and I'm a member of SFWA. My other 
day job is editing fiction and non fiction while my cat sits 
on my lap.

I love writing and sharing my stories, but I wish they 
wouldn't keep me awake at night.

I also write women's fiction under the pen name 
Eloise March.











  

No comments:

Post a Comment