Tuesday, March 17, 2015

*** Review of Into His Dark The Cimarron Series #1 By Angel Payne ****



 

Dam what a book. it should come with a box of tissues though. Angel has this way of emotionally tying you to the story. she'll make you Laugh one moment and have you crying the next in either happy or sad tears. This story starts with Cam and getting an opportunity to go to an Island country of Arcadia for a once in a lifetime opportunity. With the man she though she loved but are now are friends. But once they arrive and she meets King Everst, it is like the whole world just stooped the moment he touched her hand. But what is a girl to do, he's a king and she can't have him. But oh God dose she want him. This story Angel weave is amazing I really wish this Island really existed and it sounds like a lovely place. It would be nice to go there.

I hope you enjoy this book as Much as I did.
If you do like this book, please consider leaving a review.
The Authors really like it when you do, they value your opinions too.






The Cimarrons...

They're the mysterious, magnetic ruling family of the most secretive kingdom on earth: the Island of Arcadia.

No Westerners have ever been allowed inside Arcadia's borders...until now.

Book 1 is INTO HIS DARK...

A new adventure...

Camellia "Cam" Saxon struggles not to pinch herself. Is she really here, as a guest in the castle of the world's most mysterious royal family, working on the only western

film crew allowed on the island of Arcadia? A year ago, she was the girl who finished college with a sigh instead of a bang, moving on to a safe job and a steady suburban routine without a blink.

Until she receives a call from a film graduate buddy that will change everything.

A dangerous desire...
Cam's excitement turns to dread inside one instant--as soon as she lays eyes on Evrest Cimarron. Beautiful, chiseled, commanding, and regal, he turns her logic into ash and her blood into fire--making it damn near impossible to remember the crown on his head.

As an Arcadian alone, Evrest must be thrust onto Cam's don't-even-go-there column. As the leader of the kingdom, he must also be the face on her delete key--a fantasy never to be fed...ever.

A journey to the forbidden...
A mishap lands Cam in Evrest's most secret chambers, surrounded by luxury beyond imagination--and seduced by a creature who is no longer charming host and alluring king but powerful, passionate man--who craves nothing but her in his arms. Beneath Evrest's touch, Cam learns she has new identities, too, The sensible girl is abandoned for a woman of dark and sinful desires

It's the most incredible night of her life. The most perfect man she's known. The most flawless fit for her soul.

A mistake she can never make again. 




“I…have another question now.” Amazing. The words sounded so normal but felt so different. As if I’d meticulously planned every syllable. Or dreaded them.
He couldn’t have looked more pleased. “Of course. I remain at your service.”
“Maybe not after this.”
“Fortune favors the brave, Camellia.”
I looked away and wanted to laugh. Fortune favored the brave, but what about the curious who were stupid about respecting boundaries? I didn’t have to ask this one.
“Are you really not sleeping with anyone in the Distinct?”
Shit. I’d asked it.
I couldn’t help peeking back up. Both his brows were doing a high jump but the corners of his mouth were headed the same direction. I stared a little longer. Hell. Amusement really suited his face. Warmed its harder angles and emphasized the sensuous curves of his lips.
At last, he lifted his chin a notch and spoke past his soft smile. “Yes. It is true.” A weighted pause passed. “Does that alter what you think of me?”
The hesitation in his question…it was tough to decipher. Though his face didn’t surrender an inch confidence, the query itself said something. But what?
Despite his caginess, I answered honestly. “It makes me more fascinated by you, if that’s what you mean.”
“Fascinated?” It wasn’t rhetorical. He truly didn’t understand.
I was in super direct mode, so an incredulous laugh spilled out. “Oh, God. Guess I backed myself into this one.” I glanced up, the giggle gone. “But you’re not going to make me explain it, right?” His concentration only deepened. “Oh, come on. Ugh; all right. So…you are getting those needs met…yes? From someone, somewhere? It’s not like you have to tell me. I was just a little curious about who the lucky wench is. Or maybe…wenches.”
“Wenches?” His expression finally changed, though I couldn’t interpret the reason for his weird grimace. Had I insulted him or confused him?
“Sorry if that rankled. But Evrest—come on. You have to get it.”
He looked around as if “it” was a real item. “Get what?”
“I meant you have to understand what I’m referring to.” I sighed heavily, taking the opportunity to plead the universe for the right words. Dammit. Honesty looked like my best course again. “You’re the walking justification for girl wet dreams, okay? You’re like sex on two legs. Two really nice, tall, drool-inducing legs, I might add.”
His brows furrowed. “Thank you. I…think.”
His perplexity made me curious again. And utterly beguiled—though I forced myself to ignore that part. Forced. “Now tell me you know all this, too. You grew up in a vacuum but you didn’t go to school in one. Someone has told you all this before, right? Maybe a few hundred someones?” When his reaction returned to the valley between inscrutable and unreadable, I released another sigh, searching for patience. And a safe escape from this landmine of a conversation. “Well, like I’ve been trying to say, it’s none of my damn business. So—”
“Why?”
“Why what?”
“Is it none of your business?”
His voice dropped as he spoke it. Descended right back into that intimate murmur he’d used with me that first night in the ballroom, a tone that felt specially modulated just for me. Silly fantasies. Dangerous thinking. Stop it. Like that was going to be possible, when the man casually opened his program as a guise for reaching over and covering my wrist with his beautiful long fingers…finding my pulse point with effortless speed, and tripling its tempo with just one brush of his thumb.
“Evrest—”
“What if I want it to be your business?”
I swallowed again.
So did he.
And inside an instant, he took over everything again. My plane of vision. My pounding blood. My lungs, my limbs…my sex. It all careened over me, through me, consuming me—
Until he stopped the world stopped again.
For me.
With me.
Yes. Yes…





Hi there. I’m Angel: book lover, hopeless romantic, pop culture geek, shoe addict, coffee-aholic, and super hero nut.

I’ve been hooked on books since I was a kid but it all got worse in my twenties, when I discovered romances—-the hotter, the better. Growing up in Southern California, with lots of surfer-type manliness around, didn’t assuage the need for reading about delicious alpha guys and the women who adore them. When I learned I had a knack for telling these stories too, I was doomed, though my path toward romance novelist took a few detours via a concert-reviewing gig for my college newspaper (free show tickets…backstage passes…that was a no-brainer), artist interviews for a Beverly Hills dance music mag, and a very bad try at a Young Adult novel (don’t ask; it’s not pretty).

These days, I still live in California, and have found an amazing alpha guy of my own who was brave enough to marry me. We live on a street that looks like Brigadoon with our beautiful daughter. I have the best life ever, and never forget to thank the Big Guy Upstairs for it, either.

 

website


twitter username




Want to make sure you do not miss my post.
You can also follow me through my social media Links or 
contact me By e-mail.  
Kimmie Sue's Email 
Kimmiesuesbookreview@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment