Friday, April 17, 2015

**** Review of Waking up Dead By Margo Bond Collins ****

1Waking Up DeadSale Banner2


This is not my usual read, but I was asked to give it a read. I am so lad I did. 
this is not a romance but a sifi. This book is about Callie and she died 
( a quite horrific death at that) and is now a ghost but she did not wake up 
at her hometown but Alabama. She flits around town then she decides to 
stay with Rick and Molly even though they can not see her. then one night 
a man kills Molly and Rick is blamed for it now Callie has to find help, 
she needs someone who can see and talk to her without freaking out. 
She Finally finds one then they deiced to investigate the murder together 
and prove Rick did not do it. I hope there are going to be more books 
I can say I am hooked and want to read more. 
I hope you enjoy this book as Much as I did.
If you do like this book, please consider leaving a review.
The Authors really like it when you do, they value your opinions too.



She expected heaven or hell. She got Alabama.

When Dallas resident Callie Taylor died young, she expected
 to go to heaven, or maybe hell. Instead, when she met her 
fate early thanks to a creep with a knife and a mommy 
complex, she went to Alabama. Now she's witnessed another 
murder, and she's not about to let this one go. 
She's determined to help solve it before an innocent man 
goes to prison. And to answer the biggest question of all: 

why the hell did she wake up dead in Alabama?



When I died, I expected to go to heaven.

Okay. Maybe hell. It’s not like I was perfect or anything. 
But I was sort of hoping for heaven.

Instead, I went to Alabama.

Yeah. I know. It’s weird.

I died in Dallas, my hometown. I was killed, actually. 
Murdered. I’ll spare you the gruesome details. I don’t like to
 remember them myself. Some jerk with a knife--and 
probably a Bad-Mommy complex. Believe me, if I knew 
where he was, I’d go haunt his ass.

At any rate, by the time death came, I was ready for it--ready
 to stop hurting, ready to let go. I didn’t even fight it.

And then I woke up dead in Alabama. Talk about pissed off.

You know, even reincarnation would have been fine with 
me--I could have started over, clean slate and all that. 
Human, cow, bug. Whatever. But no. I ended up haunting
 someplace I’d never even been.

That’s not the way it’s supposed to work, right? Ghosts are 
supposed to be the tortured spirits of those who cannot let go
 of their earthly existence. If they could be convinced to follow
 the light, they’d leave behind said earthly existence and quit 
scaring the bejesus out of the poor folks who run across 
them. That’s what all those “ghost hunter” 
shows on television tell us.

Let me tell you something. 
The living don’t know jack about the dead.

Not this dead chick, anyway.



waking up dead cover



Buy Waking Up Dead  

for 99 cents in e-book through April 21:

Kindle from Amazon:



Paperback from these booksellers:

Amazon: 


Barnes & Noble:  

Books A Million: 


Book Depository:








~*~*~ Margo Bond Collins ~*~*~

f15b1-margobondcollins


Margo Bond Collins is the author of a number of novels,
 including Sanguinary, Waking Up Dead, Taming the Country 
Star, Bound by Blood, Legally Undead, and Fairy, Texas. She
 lives in Texas with her daughter and several spoiled pets. 
She teaches college-level English courses online, though 
writing fiction is her first love. She enjoys reading urban
 fantasy and paranormal fiction of any genre and spends
 most of her free time daydreaming about vampires, ghosts, 
zombies, werewolves, and other monsters.



Connect with Margo

Amazon Author Page: 


Email: 


Website:


Blog:


Twitter: 
@MargoBondCollin

Google+:  


Goodreads Author Page:


Facebook Author Page: 


Pinterest:


Tsu:  





Want to make sure you do not miss my post.
You can also follow me through 
my social media Links or 

Contact me By e-mail.  
Kimmie Sue's Email 
Kimmiesuesbookreview@gmail.com

Sign up for email of blog & or
Newsletter to the right






No comments:

Post a Comment