Tuesday, September 20, 2016

★★★ Review & Book Tour For My Lucky Days by SD Hendrickson ★★★




Title: My Lucky Days
Author: SD Hendrickson
Genre: Adult/Coming of Age/Contemporary Romance
(with sets of original song lyrics)
 Release Date: September 20, 2016


 


Purchase Links

 





Blurb

He was an up-and-coming country singer.
She was the last girl you’d ever see in a bar.
But one night, under those neon lights,
Lucky and Katie found each other.

Beginnings are always exciting.
Always fun. Always hopeful.

Katie was in her last year of college.
Lucky was still playing local stages.
She fell for his voice. She fell for his words.
They fell in love.
It was beautiful.

But time changed their world.
She was alone. He was on the road.
Life happened.
And that love was torn apart.

Endings are always painful.
Always heart wrenching.
But not always final.

One day, Lucky came back to Katie.
And this is their story.




My Review




Wow! Just wow! How can I come up with words to do justice
 to this book?  I started the book in the evening and finished it
 the next morning as I just could not put it down. But it should
 have come with a warning and a box of tissues. If you are 
and emotional person be prepared as this book will take you
 on one hell of a ride. Also I would use the playlist with the 
book music can have a strong effect and playing each song 
at the beginning of the chapter really sets the scene.

This is a story of love and loss and finding your way back to
 it. Lucky is a sweet and complicated young man.  He is 
spontaneous and just what Katie needs in her life. She has
 had an. I don’t want to say hard, but that is close when her 
parents seemed to want nothing to so with her. And she 
pretty much raised herself from a young age. Now she did 
not go without food or money but when a parent or parents 
treat you as an afterthought it can be rough.  And lucky was 
left at a church as a young kid where his mom found him 
and took care of him. So when she meets Lucky she takes
 time to come around to his way of thinking. But when she 
dose it is truly magical as they learn to have a life together.
 Lucky promised Katie a long time ago she would never be 
alone in a hospital again and he keeps that when he shows
 up after 8 years apart to her hospital bed to make sure she
 is okay. That first hospital stay when he was not there is 
what made her push him away. This story tells you how life 
is a series of choices and if you do not make one life will just
 leave you behind. I loved their love and how it all ended. 
And I loved the music with each chapter. I hope someday 
this book becomes a movie as it would be amazing.

Now before I ruin this for you I will leave off here. I hope you
 enjoy this book as much as I did. If you do like this book, 
please consider leaving a review. The Authors really like it 
when you do; they value your opinions too.









Excerpt




I woke up sometime later to the sound of my phone buzzing next to me. Peering at the screen, I saw Lucky’s name. I answered with a grin. “Hey.”

“Hey.”

I imagined him sitting in his house in Nashville with his sexy smile and messy hair. And that image was better than all the other images I’d had today.

“Did I wake you up?”

“No, I’m watching TV. Well, I kind of fell asleep in here, I guess.” I glanced at the clock, and it said one-thirty in the morning.

“So you are sleeping on the couch instead of out with your roommates?”

“How do you know they aren’t home?”

I heard his chuckle. “Same reason I know you are wrapped in a brown blanket.”

I jumped up from the couch and spun around in a circle. And then I saw Lucky, looking into the house through the dining room window. The rush I felt was bigger than I expected. A high that drowned out all the other feelings. “How long have you been watching me?”

“Well, long enough to see that you probably snore because your mouth was wide open. And I think you drool too.”

“No . . .” I shut my eyes. “Get in here.”

I hung up and went to the door. He was already on the steps by the time I had it open.

“So I was in the neighborhood.” He grinned. “Thought I would stop by.”

The flutters in my chest held me captive. Lucky might be the star, but right now, I felt like all the lights in the world had shifted their focus onto me.

Before I could say a word, Lucky pulled me into his arms as he kissed me hard, grinding his mouth against mine. He was holding me, running his hands over my body, into my hair, against my cheek.

I knew in that moment, the inevitable lonely ache that was destined to follow our relationship would be worth the torment—if those days allowed me to experience this mind-consuming rush of happiness that came each time he returned home.

Play List











Author Bio

·٠•● Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ●•٠· SD Hendrickson ·٠•● Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ●•٠·

SD Hendrickson received a Bachelor’s of Science in 
Journalism and Public Relations from Oklahoma State 
University. She lives in Tulsa with her husband and two 
schnauzers. Currently, her days are spent teaching 
computer software to oil and gas companies. The Mason
 List was her first novel and it was a 2015 Goodreads 
Choice Award Semi- Finalist for Best Debut Author.

She loves chocolate, romance books, Oklahoma State 
Cowboys, music, Lost, chocolate, beaches, coffee, cooking, 
Gilmore Girls, beautiful sunsets, Friends, chocolate, sad 
puppy stories, concerts, dreaming of Australia, The Walking 
Dead, guacamole, quotes, Netflixs binge-watching, Dawson’s
 Creek, chocolate, hot tubs, exotic animal rescues, Friday 
Night Lights, writing, and of course, chocolate.

Other books:
The Mason List
Waiting for Wyatt




Author Links






No comments:

Post a Comment