Thursday, November 3, 2016

★★★ Review & Book Tour For Candy Houses (Grimm's Circle Book 1) By JC. Daniels Writing As Shiloh Walker ★★★



Title: Candy Houses (Grimm's
Circle #1)
Author: J.C. Daniels writing as Shiloh Walker
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy Romance
Release Date: October 31st, 2016

Graphics Made by : Laura Hidalgo of Beyond Def.








 Grimm’s
Circle, Book 1

It’s been hundreds of years since Greta’s
so-called story came to an end and it didn’t end with a happily ever after
then. Why should she expect it to be any different now?

She’s a Grimm—a special kind of guardian
angel and official ass-kicker in the paranormal world. Between trying to stay
alive, training new Grimm and dealing with demons, romance is hard to come by.
Then there’s the fact that there’s only been one man ever who really made her
heart race.

And he’s been out of her life for a long,
long time…

But now he’s back and just in time.

Greta needs Rip’s help.

There’s an unexpected threat to their
world, a betrayal none of them saw coming.

Working together is the last thing they
want, but it just might be their only chance.

A fairy tale best suited for
grown-ups…don’t say you weren’t warne
d.








Rip was standing in the doorway with one
shoulder propped against the door jam. He had a look in his eyes that sent my
skin to tingling all over. I mean all
over—I felt it in my lips, my toes and every square inch in between.

“Hey,” I said. My voice cracked.

He continued to stare at me.

It was very, very unnerving the way he
watched me.

“Ahh …is everything okay?”

He didn’t answer. Nope, what he did was
push off the door jam and come over to the bed. 

He knelt down by the bed,
resting one hand on top of the blankets. He had such damn nice hands…the hands
of a poet, a warrior…a lover. One of those lovely hands was only an inch away
from my thigh too. I thought I could even feel the heat of it, through the
blankets.

“You were dreaming,” Rip said, his voice
low and rough.

Oh,
shit.
Swallowing, I dredged up
an innocent smile. “Was I?”

“Yes.” His eyes, that dark,
melted-chocolate gaze, locked on mine and I felt frozen in place. 

Unable to
move as he laid a hand on my cheek and stroked my lower lip with his thumb. “Do
you remember it?”

Oh, man, did I remember. But I couldn’t
really tell him that, now could I? Self-preservation is a lovely thing, and I
looked him dead in the eye and lied. “Nope.”

Self-preservation is a lovely thing,
yeah, but it doesn’t make me a better liar.

“You don’t remember?” He leaned in and
nuzzled my neck, his breath teasing across my flesh like a caress. “Maybe I
could jog your memory.”

The hand on my cheek stroked down, over
my neck, across my collarbone, down, down. The tips of his fingers brushed
against the curve of my breast and I realized I’d dropped the blankets and was
sitting there as naked as the day I was born.

“I’m good. No need to jog the memory.”
“You whispered my name,” he murmured,
nipping my earlobe. “Then you moaned. You sounded exactly like you did the
first time I made you come.”



Oh how I love romance. Add paranormal and I have the 
perfect book. Or so I thought. But what the author did 
is added an ellement I had no clue what I was missing 
till I read this book. She Added a tormented male leed
 with a damaged yet strong emale leed. In doing so 
she made Candy Houses a phenomenal book. The 
book is a wonderful blend of paranormal, fairy tales,
 and romance that is exceptionally weis written. The 
main characters, Rip and Greta are Grimms, which are
 kind of like ass-kicking guardian angels. They protect
 humanity from the things that go bump in the night. 
And demons that try to take over human bodies to feed
 and destroy the soul that resides in the body. Grimms
 were once humans.  The bad thing is their pasts have
 been in stories like Hansel and Gretel or Rip Van Winkle.
 As you read you learn that the real stories happened 
quite differently. Some with really horable things having
 been done to them.

Rip and Greta have a past like over 100 years ago kind
 of past. That niether have not been able to forget. 
Somehow they both end up in the same town on 
different missions that in the end become intertwined. 
The demons are determined to end both of them and 
Rip arrives just in time to save Greta from a pretty 
dangerous situation. One that could have cost her her
 life. Though chasing demons seems a lot easier for 
either of them than facing the feelings they have for 
each other. When Greta relized when she walked away 
from him just might have been the worst misttake she 
has ever made. Now they just have to fix it. 

Now before I ruin this for you I will leave off here.
 I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. If you do 
like this book, please consider leaving a review. The 
Authors really like it when you do; 
they value your opinions too.















·٠•● Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ●•٠· Shiloh Walker ·٠•● Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ●•٠·





Shiloh Walker is an award-winning writer...yes,
really!  She's also a mom, a wife, a
reader and she pretends to be an amateur photographer. 

 She published her first book in 2003. 
Her latest suspense, The Right Kind of Trouble, released in 
August 2016 from St. Martins. She writes romantic suspense 
and contemporary romance, and urban fantasy under the 
name, J.C. Daniels.











No comments:

Post a Comment